Recurly offers some basic validations for postal codes for a few countries.
Which countries are the validation offered for?
Steps to Reproduce
- Using our Hosted payments pages or our api, pass in billing info that includes an address with an improper format for the postal code (zip code) and country.
- For example, pass in an postal code of 123J4 for the US
- Observe that the billing info is not created and you get the error message "Address is invalid, Address postal code is invalid"
- Again, use our Hosted payments page or our api to pass in billing info that includes an address with an improper format for the postal code (zip code) and county.
- For example, pass in a postal code of 123J4 for Ireland
- This time, there is no validation error and the billing info is created.
- Which countries can we expect the error?
At this time, recurly supports checking the format for the US, Canada, and Great Britain.