Installation will require an administrator for your Zendesk instance and access to a Base64 encoded Recurly API Key. To get started, Download Recurly for Zendesk Support and/or Recurly for Zendesk Chat.
- Once the application is installed, use your Recurly subdomain and Base64 encoded API key available under your Recurly Account > Integrations > API Credentials.
- Create a new API key called "Zendesk". The API key entered into Zendesk must Base64 encoded. See the image below for an example of where to find the dropdown arrow to get the Base 64 encoded value. The Base64 encoded API key is the characters after “Authorization Basic”. Another option is to take the private API key and Base64 encode locally. This value is not displayed after submitted for security reasons.
- Your subdomain can be found in the URL of the page. If the URL is "site.recurly.com/*", enter only "site" in the subdomain field.
- Configure your desired permissions for each role in Zendesk (see the Permissions section below) and start using the integration.
A few additional setup notes.
- You have the ability to setup read-only API keys, but they edit functionality will not work with a read only API key.
- If your company uses the Essential Zendesk Plan, you will not have access to the Zendesk Marketplace and will need to upgrade your plan to install this Marketplace app.