If you're seeing a Duplicate Document # error for your invoices in your QBO Errors page, there are a couple quick fixes to clear them and get them synced over to QBO successfully. depending on what type of invoice it is:
If it is a credit invoice:
What you'll want to do is go to your QBO integration page in Recurly (Integrations -> QuickBooks Online) and then click on Edit Settings.
From there, scroll down to Credit Memo Number Prefix and set a prefix there. Note that the prefix you set there MUST be different from your Invoice Number Prefix:
Make sure to Click Update Settings!
If it is a charge invoice, you will need to change the duplicate invoice # in QBO or manually enter this invoice into QBO. If you decide to change the invoice number in QBO:
- Click Sales (Or Invoicing) in the left hand menu
- Click the Invoices tab at the top of the page
- Scroll to the invoice you wish to edit and click on it to open it up
- Modify the Invoice number
- Click Save and Close (or Save and Send if you wish to send a new copy of the invoice to your customer).