Currently, we DO include one-time charges with a start date and end date time range in the MRR calculation and DO NOT include one-time charges without a start and end date. Therefore, we do not include one-time charges that use a Specific date instead of a time range.
Articles in this section
- Why is the sum of Paying Subscribers in the Subscriber Retention report lower than the total of Subscriptions per Plan in the Plans dashboard?
- Are one-time charges included in the MRR calculation?
- It's halfway through the month - why is our Contraction MRR so high?
- How is MRR affected if I add a user in the middle of the billing cycle?
- If I just switched to Production mode and have zero accounts, why is Analytics showing XX numbers?
- Why doesn't the Subscription Plans total in Analytics match the total in Subscriptions export?
- If I choose to include failed charges in MRR and then terminate a subscription, will it still contribute to MRR?
- If I postpone a renewal date from June to July, what month will MRR include the revenue?
- How can I calculate Subscription Growth for a plan using exports?
- How can I calculate my invoice recovery rate?