Trials cannot be added to existing active customer subscriptions. Both innate plan based trials and trial coupons are activated upon the creation of the subscription itself and will run until the set trial end date. If a trial needs to be provided to an existing customer, you may want to create a new subscription on their account with the correct trial period in order to ensure the correct status of their account.
Articles in this section
- Is there a way to record advanced payments for subscriptions?
- What is the difference between the next bill date and at term renewal date?
- How do I add custom notes to an individual subscription?
- How can I check pending changes via the API?
- What happens when a trial subscription changes plans?
- Can trial periods be added to existing subscriptions?
- Can one-time payments be added to future subscription billings?
- Can we stop a customer's billing moving forward without canceling their subscription?
- Are billing cycle lengths changeable at the customer subscription level?
- How can I modify a customer’s next scheduled renewal date?