If there are multiple payment gateways currently configured on your site then all new transactions will be routed to those other gateways for processing. For accounts with multiple gateways configured, Recurly will route transactions based on accepted card type and currency. Beyond those settings, Recurly will send the transaction to the gateway first added to the account. You are able to specify which gateway will be used per transaction by utilizing Recurly's Custom Gateway Routing functionality (https://docs.recurly.com/docs/custom-gateway-routing-configuration). We do not recommend completely removing a payment gateway for the fact that if you need to issue refunds for payments that are processed via that gateway you will need to have it on your account to do so. You can disable new transaction processing disable in the gateway configuration options for a few months in that case.
Articles in this section
- What payment types does Recurly support for my payment gateway?
- Is there a fee to use my payment gateway?
- Can I cancel or void a refund?
- How can I refund a transaction?
- Does The Account Updater Work Internationally?
- Can I use the /v2/subscriptions endpoint for custom gateway routing?
- What does the Next Collection Attempt status of "soon" mean?
- If a payment gateway is removed how are new transactions processed?
- What is the relationship between Recurly, the gateway, and the merchant account?
- If no paid transaction exists can a customer still be refunded?