To obtain a list of new subscribers for any given month, or time period, follow these steps:
- Download the Subscriptions export (Subscription Status: Live. Use the Export On: Activated filter and then the Time Range that you want to identify new subscribers for, such as the month of January.
- Download the Subscriptions export (Subscription Status: Live). Use the Export On: Created filter and set the Time Range to the period before the month you are researching. For example, if you previous downloaded the Subscriptions export for January to identify new subscribers for January, in this case, you would set a date for "date that you first started subscribing customer -> December 31, 2018. If you first starting subscribing customer on January 1, 2017, your dates would be January 1, 2017-December 31, 2018.
- Merge the two exports above together. For guidance on this process, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tk_Mif7040
- Once merged, do a check on the account_code column for duplicates. Delete all subscriptions that have duplicates from the export, since this indicates the subscriber is not NEW for the month you are researching.
- Once you have deleted duplicates, use the activated_at column to filter out all dates prior to the month you are researching new subscribers for. In the above example, since we are looking for January data, we would remove all subscriptions with an "activated_at" date prior to January 2019 so that only subscriptions with an "activated_at" date in January 2019 are left.
- You now have a list of new subscribers for the month that you are researching!