Recurly requires that a paid transaction exists in association with a customer's account in order for a refund to be pushed through to the payment gateway. If no transaction exists, you will need to either contact your primary payment gateway to discuss forcing a refund through their system or refund the customer outside of the system such as through a check or wire transfer.
Articles in this section
- If a payment gateway is removed how are new transactions processed?
- What is the relationship between Recurly, the gateway, and the merchant account?
- If no paid transaction exists can a customer still be refunded?
- Can we choose how much data is sent to the gateway for processing?
- Can we change how transactions appear on customer bank statements?
- Can Stripe be used to process ACH payments?
- Is there a list of all currencies supported with Recurly?
- Can you Accept AliPay via Recurly?
- Does Apple Pay have its own designated gateway?
- How long do I have to issue a refund in Recurly?