In general, 3DS authentication can take up to 10 seconds. In addition, if the issuer rejects an exemption and forces SCA to take place, there could be an additional latency of up to 1-2 seconds for the issuer to evaluate an exemption, reject it, and then force SCA. (Statistics provided by WorldPay)
Articles in this section
- With PSD2 / Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) do I need to Authenticate payment details taken over the phone?
- Where can I find PSD2 developer instructions and guidance?
- Do SEPA transactions require SCA?
- What will happen if a transaction is declined for SCA?
- Will I need to do development work on my Hosted Payment Pages in support of PSD2?
- I have more specific questions about PSD2, SCA, or 3DS. Who should I ask?
- How much transaction latency should I expect as a result of 3DS?
- What reduction in fraud can be expected?
- How will 3DS affect authorization rates?
- How will 3DS impact my checkout conversion?