Businesses that have previously not implemented 3DS see, on the whole globally, about 0.29% in fraud rates, inclusive of both authenticated and unauthenticated fraud. 3DS1 reduced that to 0.12%. Issuers are hoping to see 3DS2 further reduce fraud rates to 0.05%. (Statistics provided by WorldPay)
Articles in this section
- Where can I find PSD2 developer instructions and guidance?
- Do SEPA transactions require SCA?
- What will happen if a transaction is declined for SCA?
- Will I need to do development work on my Hosted Payment Pages in support of PSD2?
- I have more specific questions about PSD2, SCA, or 3DS. Who should I ask?
- How much transaction latency should I expect as a result of 3DS?
- What reduction in fraud can be expected?
- How will 3DS affect authorization rates?
- How will 3DS impact my checkout conversion?