Authorizations automatically expire after a period of time if they are not captured. The length of time varies by card brand and gateway, but usually it is within 7-10 days. If you wait too long to capture an authorization, the gateway may have already canceled the authorization.
Articles in this section
- Does The Account Updater Work Internationally?
- Can I use the /v2/subscriptions endpoint for custom gateway routing?
- What does the Next Collection Attempt status of "soon" mean?
- If a payment gateway is removed how are new transactions processed?
- What is the relationship between Recurly, the gateway, and the merchant account?
- If no paid transaction exists can a customer still be refunded?
- Can we choose how much data is sent to the gateway for processing?
- Can we change how transactions appear on customer bank statements?
- How do I change the billing description my customers see on their credit card statements?
- Can Stripe be used to process ACH payments?