When a refund occurs against a transaction, we will always attempt to push that refund through back to the original card that was used to pay for the transaction. If the customer would like to have the refund added to their new card, then you as the merchant will need to reach out to the payment gateway used to process the transaction. They should be able to work with you in order to reroute the refund and ensure that the customer receives it where necessary.
Articles in this section
- Can I cancel or void a refund?
- How can I refund a transaction?
- Does The Account Updater Work Internationally?
- Can I use the /v2/subscriptions endpoint for custom gateway routing?
- What does the Next Collection Attempt status of "soon" mean?
- If a payment gateway is removed how are new transactions processed?
- What is the relationship between Recurly, the gateway, and the merchant account?
- If no paid transaction exists can a customer still be refunded?
- Can we choose how much data is sent to the gateway for processing?
- Can we change how transactions appear on customer bank statements?