We will usually see canceled credit cards still being refundable. Usually the card issuer is able to route the refund to the customer's bank account with no issue. The cancellation only prevents any new charges from being approved, but old transactions should be refundable as long as there are no other issues preventing them from being pushed through.
Articles in this section
- How can I refund a transaction?
- Does The Account Updater Work Internationally?
- Can I use the /v2/subscriptions endpoint for custom gateway routing?
- What does the Next Collection Attempt status of "soon" mean?
- If a payment gateway is removed how are new transactions processed?
- What is the relationship between Recurly, the gateway, and the merchant account?
- If no paid transaction exists can a customer still be refunded?
- Can we choose how much data is sent to the gateway for processing?
- Can we change how transactions appear on customer bank statements?
- How do I change the billing description my customers see on their credit card statements?