Recurly uses a MaxMind database which is stored locally, to check IP locations. Our IP location check strictly matches against the country on the taxable address. While this can be relatively accurate, IP geolocation is also notoriously inaccurate at times when considering a number of factors, the varying databases being one of them. It is for this reason that we use IP lookup as only one of a few data pieces for location validation on an account. This way, even if it is incorrect, other data pieces can still be used to validate location. Since our IP lookup is based on the MaxMind database, we do not have any control over what it returns as the location.
Articles in this section
- Can we ban or block specific customers from signing up?
- Can we setup parent/child relationships with customer accounts?
- How can I contact GroupSpaces about my account?
- What factors impact the account balance?
- Can I apply account notes via the API?
- What is the difference between an Account Code and Subscription UUID?
- How can I import my customers into my Recurly site?
- How can I delete an account's billing information?
- Is there a way to merge two customer accounts?
- Is it possible to change a customer’s payment method from PayPal to Credit Card?