Yes, any customer's trial subscription can be removed from the trial period at any time by altering the trial end date. This is easily done by visiting the subscription's details page and within the subscription summary window, click on "Change Trial End Date" and set the time that you would like to remove the customer from the trial period. Please note that you can set this to any date and time in the future even the current day, but you cannot set it to a past date and time to backdate.
Articles in this section
- Subscription Change Error: "Charges original charge refundable subtotal in cents must be greater than or equal to 0 Please correct the following issues: Invoice base Charges original charge refundable subtotal in cents must be greater than or equal to 0"
- Is there a way to record advanced payments for subscriptions?
- What is the difference between the next bill date and at term renewal date?
- How do I add custom notes to an individual subscription?
- How can I check pending changes via the API?
- What happens when a trial subscription changes plans?
- Can trial periods be added to existing subscriptions?
- Can one-time payments be added to future subscription billings?
- Can we stop a customer's billing moving forward without canceling their subscription?
- Are billing cycle lengths changeable at the customer subscription level?