We would recommend utilizing trial subscriptions to handle this use case. You can visit the plans configurations page and create a new plan. For a free subscription, we would recommend setting the amount to $0 then setting the trial period. Directly below the timing for the trial you will see an option to require or not require billing information at signup for the subscription, simply set this to Do Not Require and you'll be able to add the subscription to accounts or allow customers to signup without needing any information being stored on the account.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between Sandbox, Development, and Production sites?
- Can we prevent customers from resubscribing and abusing trial periods?
- Does the Hosted Payment Page support one-time payments?
- How can we create free subscriptions that do not require billing information?
- Is there a redirect option upon successful subscription sign up?
- What reminder email options do you have?
- What options do we have for Free Trials on the plan?
- How can we make a plan taxable or tax-exempt?
- Can my customers have the ability to edit the quantities?
- What is the use of Accounting Code Scheme?