Recurly is not notified in real time if a customer cancels their PayPal billing agreement. Instead, upon next renewal, the customer's transaction would fail. The customer would then be put through your site's dunning process, and prompted to update their billing information.
Articles in this section
- How can I refund a transaction?
- Does The Account Updater Work Internationally?
- Can I use the /v2/subscriptions endpoint for custom gateway routing?
- What does the Next Collection Attempt status of "soon" mean?
- If a payment gateway is removed how are new transactions processed?
- What is the relationship between Recurly, the gateway, and the merchant account?
- If no paid transaction exists can a customer still be refunded?
- Can we choose how much data is sent to the gateway for processing?
- Can we change how transactions appear on customer bank statements?
- How do I change the billing description my customers see on their credit card statements?