Once you have an Avalara AvaTax account, you can connect it to Recurly. We recommend connecting your AvaTax account to Recurly before you enable your tax jurisdictions in Avalara in order to allow time to configure your Recurly account for taxes before you begin collecting taxes in those jurisdictions.
To enable Avalara AvaTax for your Recurly site, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that your site is in production mode. You can test in sandbox mode but are limited to Avalara's development environment.
- Select the Taxes section
in the left-hand navigation.
- Click "Sign in with Avalara" in the right side bar of the page.
- Have your Avalara Account Number, Company Code and License Key ready and enter
those values on the form.
- Determine whether you want Recurly to set your tax records to committed in Avalara
when an invoice is marked as paid in Recurly. The default is set to uncommitted.
- Select the Avalara environment, Development or Production, you want use. When you're processing real transactions, you should be sending transactions to Production.
- Click Save Changes.
- Before proceeding test the connection by clicking the Test Configuration button before continuing on.