Posting an invoice with automatic collection will tell Recurly to immediately attempt to pay the invoice with the billing information on the account (e.g. - credit card, bank account, PayPal, Amazon). With automatic collection, new subscriptions and use of the Purchases API endpoint will require a successful transaction in order for the invoice to post. Renewals and the Post Invoice API endpoint will post the invoice and process the automatic payment after the fact, sending the invoice into Past Due and the dunning cycle if a declined is returned.
Articles in this section
- Can I fail a partially paid invoice?
- My site is using Credit Invoices. What happens when a refund is declined?
- How can I contact LiveOps about my account?
- Can I provide my customer with a statement of all invoices and payments?
- How can the language shown on invoices be changed?
- Can I download my invoices in bulk?
- What are the supported languages for viewing or downloading invoices?
- Can an invoice be removed from the dunning cycle?
- Why is the invoice collection still being attempted when the subscription is canceled/terminated?
- How can I preview an invoice that includes discounts?